Cookies are automatic procedures for retrieving information relating to certain preferences of an Internet user while visiting a certain website, to allow the user to be recognized as recurring and thereby personalize use and make navigation faster.
Types of cookies
The following is a classification of cookies depending on their characteristics:
a) Depending on the company that manages them:
- Own: these are sent to the user’s terminal computer system from a computer or domain managed by the editor from which the service requested by the user is given.
- From third parties: these are sent to the user’s terminal computer system from a computer system or domain that is not managed by the editor but by another company treating the data obtained via the cookies.
b) Depending on the time they remain active:
- Per session: these gather and store data while the user accesses a web page.
- Persistent: data remains stored in the computer system and may be accessed and treated during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie.
c) Depending on its purpose:
- Technical: allow the user to navigate using a web page, platform or application and use different options or services that exist on it, for example, check traffic and data communication, identify the session, enter parts of restricted access, remember elements that make up an order, process an order, register the application or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store contents for the diffusion of videos or audios or share contents through social networks.
- Customization: allow users to access services with some predefined general characteristics depending on certain criteria in the user’s computer system, for example, language, type of browser through which the service is accessed, regional configuration from where the service is being accessed, etc.
- Analysis: allows the monitoring and analysis of the behaviour patterns of the users of webpages to which they are linked (for example, measuring the activity made on websites, setting up user navigation profiles on the sites, so as to include improvements depending on the analysis of the use made by the users of the services).
- Publicity: allows for management of the advertising spaces included on a web page based on criteria such as edited content or the frequency the advertisements are shown.
- Behavioural publicity: allows for management of advertising spaces included on a web page and the storage of information relating to the behaviour of the users, obtained through continued observation of navigation habits, which then allows a specific profile to be developed and to show publicity depending on this.
The user can configure the browser to accept or reject cookies by default.
The procedure required to block and eliminate cookies may differ from one Internet browser to another, so you may at any time change this according to the instructions given by the Internet browser concerned, as shown below:
These browsers are subject to updates or changes, so we cannot guarantee that they coincide exactly with the version of your web browser.
Cookies on the Web.
On the Web, the following types of cookies are used:
- Own and third-party cookies (Google analytics: http://www.google.es/intl/es/analytics/privacyoverview.html)
- Per session and persistent cookies
- Technical and analytical cookies
Continuing to browse this Web without denying its authorization implies that you accept its use by the owner.